life changing events 10.15.2005

In one's life, there are a number of life changing events that completely shift your world view.

  • Your first kiss.
  • Your first car
  • Going to college
  • Losing your virginity
  • Your first professonal job
  • The day you get married
  • The first time you hold a child
  • The first time you are lying in the hospital being tested for a heart attack.

The good news in my case is that it was nothing: probably a skeletal mussle spasm in my chest which caused shooting pain not unlike a heart attack--except that the duration was too short to indicate a heart attack. My tests were negative, my EKG was normal. But for a few hours as I laid on the bed hooked up to an oxygen mask and having my heart measured, I regreated many of my lifestyle choices--including allowing stress to rule my life and failing to keep in better shape.

It's scary and humbling, even though it proved to be nothing. Though I need to schedule a follow-up with a regular physician to rule out pre-cardiac issues.

It's a life-changing event. Trust me.

posted by William Woody at 11:16 AM

I'm glad you're all right. I had a similar experience about a year ago with long-lasting chest pains localized on the left side of my chest. Scared the dickens out of me. It turned out though to be a not-uncommon problem called Tsetse Syndrome: an inflammation of the cartilege that joins the ribs to the sternum. Gave me a new perspective though, for certain.
Anonymous Anonymous at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment Home
About:

A moderate conservative living in the left coast, surrounded by the sureal, wonders if there is a sane life living amongst those who have lost touch with reality.

View Profile
Recent Items:

useful idiots
happy ramadan
happy new year!
is this the new muslim strategy to destroy the west?
a thought
a picture on a lazy sunday afternoon
a religious objection to intelligent design
understatment of the day
a difference between the left and the right
professor bainbridge drinks the koolade

Powered by Blogger